The VP, Advertising Sales is responsible for developing innovative sales strategies, building strong relationships with key media buying agencies, clients, and advertising/research in order to drive grow ad revenue across all platforms: digital and emerging media, TV and other digital properties. The individual will plan, develop, manage and lead the ad sales team, directing all sales initiatives (covering both the U.S. and Latin America), priorities, and objectives in support of the organizational strategy. This high profile position reports directly to the company’s COO.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a sales infrastructure to maximize the selling of commercial inventory.
- Identify and develop strong relationships with key media buying agencies, clients and advertising/research that will optimize and increase revenue.
- Develop and manage a robust sales team in the U.S. and Latin America in an effort to build and increase sales activity.
- Prospect and sell to advertisers looking to invest in Olympusat’s suite of Spanish language channels.
- Strategically develop programs that sales representatives can present and sell to advertisers.
- Advertising revenue to Olympusat commercially driven networks.
- Develop relationships with internal media resources and platforms to optimize cross platform opportunities.
- Develop quarterly strategic plans, weekly projection reports as well as set budgets and goals for staff.
- Develop standards of performance, evaluate performance and conduct performance management planning.
- Maintain ongoing communication with direct reports to review programs, provide feedback, discuss new developments and exchange information.
- Attend TV Network and Digital industry special events.
- Other duties maybe assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
- Must have extensive industry experience and business insight, which is utilized to create optimal strategies for the future growth of the company.
- Experience with conceptualizing digital and integrated ideas and writing or directing proposals for major accounts.
- A solid understanding of account planning/strategic planning in an advertising agency or digital media property.
- Knowledge of building micro-sites, sponsorships and other advertising programs, as well as, experience with ad-serving systems.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Extremely detailed oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in a fast paced, constantly evolving, team environment in a large media and entertainment company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- At least 5-7+ years’ experience in working in national media sales with 3-5 years of recent national interactive sales management experience for multinational organizations.
- Proficient with Salesforce.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish required. Multilingual skills are a plus.
- Proficient computer skills with full suite of Microsoft office equipment and software.
We offer competitive pay and a generous benefits program, including: Medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, voluntary life & ADD, paid time off, 401(k), paid time off and more.
Candidates should submit resumes to HumanResources@olympusat.com. Company is based in West Palm Beach FL. Relocation is not included.