Design, develop, and maintain various web applications and services for Olympusat.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing architectural designs and handling implementation of web services and applications.
- Maintaining and updating legacy code.
- Trouble shooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Integrating systems through API's with other Olympusat systems or third party applications.
- Working with other departments in collaboration on large projects.
- Update job knowledge by researching and recommending new technologies and solutions for various projects.
- Participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations to continually be developing skills and knowledge.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Comfortable handling all aspects of a LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- Must be experienced with software development fundamentals.
- Must be experienced with Object-Oriented design.
- Possess good database scheme design capabilities.
- Version control experience needed particularly GIT.
- Experience with software debugging.
- Ability to properly document code.
- WordPress experience a plus.
- Dislike of Drupal an even bigger plus.
- Web optimization techniques a plus (code design, compression, caching, etc…).
- Experience in data transport technologies important (XML, JSON, etc).
- Experience integrating with third party APIs is important.
- Photoshop and UI knowledge a plus but not essential.
- Experience with virtual machines and setting up virtual environments a plus.
- Comfortable working on projects without continuous oversight and maintaining appropriate deadlines.
- Easy going personality who is able to handle respectfully giving and receiving criticism.
- Likes low light development environments along with cool music.
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university.
- 3+ years of experience with developing web applications.
Standing for long periods of time. Dexterity and coordination to handle files and single pieces of paper; occasional lifting of items weighing up to twenty-five pounds such as files, stacks of paper, reference and other materials. Moving from place to place within the office; sometimes reaching for items above and below desk level. Strength, dexterity, coordination and vision to use keyboard and video display terminal for prolonged periods.
The company is offering:
-We offer competitive pay and a generous benefit program, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Voluntary Life & ADD, Paid Time Off, 401(k) and more.
Candidates should submit resumes to HumanResources@olympusat.com. Olympusat is located in West Palm Beach, FL. Relocation is not included. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.